Terms and conditions
Gathering of Personal Information
Topwaste gathers personal data, for example your name, e-mail address, home or work details or telephone number/s. Data gathered by TopWaste is used only for the reason of replying to enquiries; registration and billing. Junkwize will not gather any data regarding your computer software or hardware.
Use of your Personal Information
TopWaste gathers and makes use of your personal data to process enquiries. It may be the case that Junkwize also uses your personal data to notify you about other products and/or services offered by Junkwize and its affiliates. TopWaste may contact you regarding research surveys to ask your opinion of present services or possible new services that may become available in the future.
It is important to know that TopWaste does not sell or lease its customer details to third parties. TopWaste may on occasion get in touch with you on the behalf of chosen business partners about a specific offer that could be of interest and benefit to you. In such circumstances, your personal data (e-mail and/or physical addresses, name, telephone number etc.) will not be given to the third party.
What exactly is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files comprising of user information which are stored on your browsing device such as a personal computer, mobile phone or tablet when you use a website. Cookies may be updated by the original website on each following visit, or by a different website that makes use of that cookie. Cookies are very common and are handy because they permit a website to identify a user’s specific device.
Persistent cookies – this type of cookie stays on a user’s device for a certain amount of time as stated in the cookie. They are initiated each time the user visits the website that produced the cookie in the first place.
Session cookies – this type of cookie permits website owners to combine the actions of a user during a single browsing session. Such a browsing session begins when a user opens a browser window/tab and ends when the browser window/tab is closed. Session cookies are produced temporarily. When the browser is closed, the session cookies are erased.
Cookies perform various useful tasks, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, recalling your personal preferences, and make the overall user experience better. They can also help to ensure that you see more relevant and interesting online adverts.
If you want more details about how cookies work, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used on this Website
Cookies gather data about how viewers use our website. For example which pages users visit most frequently, and if they experience any error messages while doing so. Such cookies do not gather data that identifies a specific user. All data such cookies gather is combined and therefore anonymous. These cookies are only used to improve how the website operates.
Functional cookies also exist which allow the website to recall choices you make such as the details you provide in contact forms, and these can deliver improved and more unique offerings. Such cookies can recall changes you make to text size and fonts for example, and other possible customisations. These cookies may also be used to deliver services you have requested e.g. viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The data such cookies gather can be anonymised and do not track your activity on other websites.
How to use browser settings to manage or opt-out of cookies
The help menu of most commonly used browsers will inform you of how to stop your browser from accepting new cookies. It can also tell you how to have your browser let you know when a new cookie is accepted, or how to completely disable cookies altogether. You can also choose disable or erase cookies used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by altering add-on settings or going to the website of its provider.
You can block first and third party cookies by following these instructions:
Disclosure of your information
We will not reveal your data to any individual of company outside of the Sixth Story apart from when we have your permission; to other companies who offer a service to us; when we are required or permitted to do so by law; or any successors in title to our business.
Our website may provide links to other websites which are beyond our control and not included in this policy. The operators of these websites may gather data from you and use it in agreement with their own policy, which may be different to ours.
TopWaste. Terms & Conditions
For the terms and conditions below, Junkwize Ltd. is referred to as “we” or “us”.
- All contracts are subject to our terms and conditions.
- TopWaste. staff have the right to work in safe conditions and may stop work should they feel conditions endanger themselves, the public or customers.
- Estimates given over the telephone are not guaranteed until a TopWaste. staff member views the refuse on-site. If any of the refuse is not visible, we can only approximate the amount, and therefore the price.
- All non-account customers will be required to make payment on the day of refuse collection.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of a booked collection will incur a £60+VAT charge without exception. This will be deducted from your next bill should we conduct the refuse removal at a later date.
- It is uncommon for our staff to carry change. However, we will do our best to make sure we can accommodate you.
- On collection of your refuse we retain the right to charge you for the specific amount of refuse collected. TopWaste. staff will always do the best they can to provide precise estimates. It is usually the case that contact will be made after inspecting the refuse to inform the customer of the specific amount and therefore the price. If contact cannot be made swiftly, we retain the right to charge for the specific amount collected, plus any additional time or disposal costs incurred.
- All refuse collected by us continues to be the property of the customer until payment has been made to TopWaste. As bulky refuse has a high disposal cost, if a customer refuses to make payment, and/or should the refuse already have been disposed of or recycled by Junkwize Ltd., we retain the right to return the same volume or weight of refuse as has been collected.
- Late payment may incur extra costs made to recover said payment. Junkwize Ltd. retains the right to apply interest on balances owed, at a rate of 2% per month.
- Although uncommon, we sometimes find that items are too big or heavy to be collected by one of our two-man teams. On such occasions we will re-book if we can’t get another two-man team on-site swiftly.
- Collections requiring more than one load are conducted on a load-by-load basis and we retain the right to stop collections at any point and charge for the amount of refuse gathered so far.
- Any queries over the costs charged by TopWaste. must be made in writing or by phone within 24 hours so that exact details can be given.
- If any of our teams discover or suspect asbestos is present, they are required to exit the site immediately in line with HSE guidelines. Hazardous or toxic substances, needles etc. may also result in immediate exit of a site or premises.
We are entitled to ask to view the site-specific asbestos register prior to any collection work commencing on a customer site where builders’ or renovation waste is present.
The location and condition of any asbestos should be detailed within the asbestos register. If during collection we see any fibrous material or something we suspect may be asbestos, we retain the right to:
– Cease work immediately
– Stop any fibres or dust being released by power tools, for example, or reduce air movement on-site
– Evacuate the immediate premises and stop access by others people e.g. staff, customers or the public
– Notify those accountable for the area and/or the Health and Safety Co-ordinator, in order for essential sampling to be conducted
– Not to return to the premises until reliably informed that it is safe to do so
- Multiple-load collections
As an alternative to a skip, we retain the right to apply charges for the amount of refuse we have collected, as well as any additional time or safe disposal costs e.g. for TVs, fridges, monitors etc. All multiple-load collections are chargeable on a load-by-load basis. Any quotes provided via telephone or email are considered estimations to aid the client as an indication of possible cost. Some collections are difficult to estimate, and may be less or more expensive than initially estimated.
- New account customers
New account customers’ balances will be due on receipt until or unless a credit limit is provided by TopWaste. Once previous payments are seen to have been prompt, we may offer 30-day payments up to a specific amount.